The 835 is a manual reset intended to prevent the unintended restoration of
power to a gas or electric-powered appliance. In the event of a power failure
or the release of a connected control switch, the 835 interrupts power to a gas
valve or electrical contactor, shutting down the appliance. The fuel or power
supply to the appliance is restored only after the control switch has been set,
and the 835 has been manually reset by pushing the reset switch on the 835.
When power is being supplied to the gas valve or electrical contactor, the red
indicator light is on. The red indicator light is off when power is not supplied to
the gas valve or electrical contractor.
- Mount the 835 in a suitable location.
- Install 120VAC, 60HZ power line.
- a.Hot (black) wire to terminal 2
- b.Neutral (white) wire to terminal 5
- Test unit by jumpering terminals 3 and 4 and pushing reset switch.
- Note: Relay should operate and lamp should come on.
- If relay operates, remove jumper from terminals 3 and 4.
- Install wires from control switch to terminals 3 and 4.
- Install one side of load cable to terminal 1, the other to terminal 5
- Set control switch to closed position.
- Operate the reset switch. Lamp should come on indicating that power is being supplied to the load.
- Remove wire on terminal 4 from control switch and unit should deactivate, turning off the red lamp and the load. If not, recheck your wiring.
- If system works as stated, reconnect wire to terminal 4.
- Operate reset switch to activate load (gas valve or contactor).
- Installation is complete.